Butter : 125g
All Pupose flour : 1 1/2Cups
Castor Sugar : 1Cup
Eggs : 3, at room temperature
Baking Powder : 1tsp
Baking Soda : 1/4tsp
Vanilla Essence : 11/2tsp
Milk – Enough to make batter slighly thin
Coco Powder – 2 tbsp.
1. Preheat oven at 170˚C.
2. Grease and line an 18cm round cake tin and keep aside.
3. Sift the flour, baking soda and baking powder thrice.
4. With an electric mixer, cream the butter until soft. Add the sugar and and continue beating until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add
milk and vanilla essence and continue beating.
5. Divide the batter into half. In the other half add coco powder and beat it.
6. Spoon into the cake tin plain batter and Coco Batter alternately and randomely and bake until the cake pulls away from the sides (about 35minutes). Remove
from the oven but carefully pull the lining. Let the cake cool completely.